Saturday, February 8, 2014

Paper Hearts Fabric Audition

I found some fabric that might work with the Paper Hearts pattern. Take a look and see what you think. I will be making it a full size bed quilt instead of the lab size in the pattern.

I am thinking of using the dark gray and light gray for the background fabrics and the hearts out of all the different pinks. I only need nine pink fabrics and I have ten here, so one has to go. Which one???? I am still not sure if I like them all together or not. That is hardest part of quilting for me. Selecting the right fabrics.

So, which pink fabric would you would take out?

2 comments:

  1. That is a tough choice. I would probably take out the pink with the zebra looking strips and the pink with the dark pink polka dots. Love your greys do I see a kaufman fusions in the gray?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input on the fabric. I pulled out the zebra stripe and it does look better. You have a good eye!

      I redrafted the pattern to make it fit a full size bed and I will need to make 36 hearts. So I will nine fabrics - four hearts from each fabric, The original pattern has 16 hearts and uses eight fabrics/two hearts from each fabric.

      Since I need 36 hearts I can either make 4 hearts from 9 fabrics or 6 hearts from 6 fabrics or all scrappy hearts.

      The dark gray is a South Seas Import. I don't know what the light gray is, there isn't any writing on the selvage. Next time I am at my LQS I will have to check out the bolt, now I am curious.

      Delete