Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sun Bonnet Sue gets her Rag Rug

Finally finished the rag rug. I ended up taking it apart so I cound join the rows together properly. I like it much better this way. But, I learned a few things from making this rag rug - it is my first. I was increasing at the same place on each row and that made it start to turn square. At the point I figured this out I didn't want to rip out again. So, I just started increasing randomly. That was much better. So, had I done this from the start my rug would be more oval than it is. Live and Learn!  Here it is with Sun Bonnet Sue.

2 comments:

  1. That turned out lovely! How was it on your hand though since it would be so big and heavy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heaviness was okay, it just rested on my lap. But the crocheting was a little tough on my wrists since material is stiffer than yarn . So, I just worked on it for short periods at a time so it didn't hurt my wrists too bad. That is why it took me so long to make it. It actually works up very quickly, but I couldn't work on it for long periods. I would do a little each morning and a little in the evening. I also wore a wrist brace to help. I am actually excited to make another one for my sewing room.

      Delete