Thursday, November 21, 2013

Rainy Day

Today I figured out how to add the tabs at the top of the page. I added the tab "Finished Quilts" and I have started adding photos of some of the quilts I have made. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of the earlier quilts I made when I first started quilting. My quilting buddies clued me in on that. What a blessing my quilting friendship group has been to me. Wonderful ladies and such an important part of my life now.

My job at the school district required me to have extensive computer knowledge.  I have been retired for three years now and realize my computer skills are slipping  - so, I thought blogging would be a fun way to keep those skills alive. And I certainly need to keep my mind working and sharp!!!

Today was a rainy day. My hubby seems to feel neglected when I hole up in my quilting room all day. So, today I brought one of my Pfaff's downstairs and set it up in the livingroom where he was watching TV. He was pretty happy to have me join him. The two dogs were a bit confused though. They kept trying to jump on my lap and kiss my face. Or, were they just bored because it is raining outside? We live on 5 acres and they have free reign to run as they please, but the they won't go out in the rain.

Here they are as puppies. Abby on the left and Molly on the right. They are 3 years old now. They are Cocker Spaniels (with tails). They are considered field Cockers - more of a hunting dog, not a show quality dog at all. They love chasing all the squirrels and rabbits on our property. They keep me busy cleaning up after them all day. I call this time of year "Mud Season" since I am constantly mopping the floors from their muddy footprints. My kids and grandkids are gown and now I am cleaning up after dogs instead!



No comments:

Post a Comment