Monday, November 18, 2013

Starry, Starry Night

Today I finished a flannel quilt top that I started last winter. It is made with Woolies flannel by Bonnie Hunter for Maywood Studios. The pattern is called Starry, Starry Night. I also pieced the back and got it loaded on my Avante frame. I decided to use Quilter's Dream wool batting to make it extra soft and warm.

This is a close up shot of the top - unquilted.  The stars are more scrappy than they look here. The quilt is 64 x 88. I decided I will use a pantograph called Cotton - it actually reminds me of clouds - thought it would be nice with the stars and will add some nice curves to the quilt. But, oh what color of thread? Do I want a dark thread to blend with the background, but then show up on the stars, or a light thread to blend with the stars and show up on the background? Hopefully back to that after taking my mother-in-law to the doctors and shopping.

2 comments:

  1. still my fave quilt!
    ...AND!! you been holding out on is girl! lol been bloggin' w/o lettin' us in on it! tsk tsk tsk lollol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was a bit embarrassed about my blog, so primitive. But, I thought this morning, what the heck. Quilters are such nice people. Just tryin to keep track of my UFO's. Swear no more fabric buying till I use up some of this stuff I have!

    ReplyDelete