Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Zig Zag Quilt - Fabric Selection

My niece posted a picture on her Pinterest page of a zig zag quilt in blue print fabric and solid white. She said if she could sew she would make herself the quilt. Well, with Christmas right around the corner I thought I would make one up for her. I tried to find blue fabrics similar to what she posted. Here is what I ended up with. Not sure if I really  like all these together, though.Will see how it looks when I start sewing it together. I will use Kona White between each blue.zig zag.  I cut out all the blue 2 1/2" strips today. Hopefully I will have time to cut all the white strips tomorrow. I am using the Moda Bakeshop free Zig Zag quilt pattern.

Which one do you think doesn't belong?

Click here for the free Zig Zag quilt pattern


This pattern uses 2 1/2" strips rather than making HST. No bias to deal with!! I didn't have any precuts as the pattern calls for. So, I had to calculate what I would need. I decided to use five different fabrics and will have three rows of each blue fabic. .I need eight 2 1/2" strips of each blue fabric and 20 strips of white, plus some 5" squares of white.

No comments:

Post a Comment