Sunday, January 12, 2014

HST Chevron Quilt Progress

I sewed some chevron rows together using each of the prints to see how they would look. Now I need to decide on the placement of the prints. I have five different print fabrics and nine rows of print chevrons.So, one of the print fabrics will only be used once. Humm, which one should that be? What do you think?


I have to say, this is going together much easier than the jelly roll Chevron Zig Zag quilt. The jelly roll zig zag quilt required you to sew it together on the diagonal So, I had to lay the entire quilt out before I could sew it together in order to figure out the correct blocks to sew together. The HST method is a no brainer. You can sew one row at a time and also gives you the flexibility of EASILY rearranging your rows to determine the best placement. This will be my go to Chevron pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment