Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Walls Come Tumbling Down

Oh my, what a mess. One side of each wall is now demolished. There is rubble everywhere - broken drywall, insulation and lots of dust! We had insulation between all the inside walls to help keep noise levels down when all the kiddies were home. I somehow didn't visualize THIS much of a mess.

Remember the closet and cutting table wall and door I showed you yesterday. Well look at them now - they are nearly gone. Just down to the studs. Those will get ripped out tomorrow. I am standing in one bedroom taking the picture seeing completely into the bedroom with the closet being removed. The other bedroom is behind the closet wall on the right. All the walls are not down yet.



And this is the view from the hallway showing the door openings to all three of the kids bedrooms. The door on the right was our son's bedroom (then our guest room). The door straight ahead to the left was one daughter's room (now where my sewing machines, fabric stash and ironing board reside). And, the door straight ahead to the right was our other daughters's bedroom where my longarm and cutting table now reside.


They haven't finished removing all the drywall yet. As you can see above, only one side of the drywall is off so far. They have to reconfigure where light switches will be moved to.

My hubby brought the big tractor to the front of the house and the workers used an upstairs window to dump all the rubble into the tractor bucket. This saved them many trips up and down the stairs. They are very pleased he has a big tractor!

Memories, memories, memories.Ah bittersweet.

A special day for my hubby, too.
 Today is my hubby's 62nd birthday.We can't believe he is social security age already. Another milestone. Where did all the time go????

What a sweetheart to spend his birthday doing this for me. I am so lucky! We did go out for pizza with the kids and only one granddaughter. Their work and college schedules make family get-togethers tough now. 

2 comments:

  1. You are going to have an awesome space when it's over with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! I am excited. I am teaching one of my granddaughters to sew and quilt. She is 13. She picked out a heart pattern and bought a couple of fat quarters to start with. So she is excited for the room too. For now we are sewing in the living room on a card table. But all us sewers know it's fun to sew ANYWHERE!!

      Delete