Thursday, January 9, 2014

UFO Progress using Morning Tides by Free Spirit

I completed one UFO while at the quilt retreat last weekend. The Valentine wall hanging. However, I still need to quilt it.

After completing that project I decided to work on a bright fun quilt using a charm pack and a jelly roll and 1 1/2" strips. I saw a tutorial on Missouri Star Quilt Company. The tutorial is called "Square in a Square". It is a very easy pattern and I was able to complete all the blocks and sewed the rows together before it was time to leave on Sunday.

The fabric is Morning Tides by Free Spirit and I used Moda White for the sashing. Not my usual palette, but thought a teenage girl would love it. I have six teenage granddaughters and two teenage great nieces. So I have plenty of options for a home for the wild quilt. Here are the swatches of the fabric.
Morning Tides Jelly RollMorning Tides Charm Pack
So, that still leaves the other two projects on my UFO list. Darn. Hoped that list would shrink more.

No comments:

Post a Comment