Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014 - Friendship Group Quilt Retreat

Do you ponder over the past year as the new year rolls in? Well, I sure do. What did I learn from my life experiences this year? How can I improve? What goals do I have for the new year? I spend a lot of time reflecting back on the many different areas in my life.

In my "quilting life" I am blessed to be involved with a wonderful friendship group called TGIF. We meet twice a month on Friday evenings to work on projects, eat, and visit. These great ladies have become very special friends to me. I can't imagine my life without them. Often, some of us get together to have sew days as well, or even shopping trips for quilty things or we go on quilt hops together and quilt retreats. A few times a year we have get togethers so our hubbies can join in. How many of you have a friendship group? Kindled hearts - what a blessing. 

On January 3 I will be joining my friendship group on a quilt retreat for three days.It is being held at a local nunnery in wine country in Temecula, CA. It is a beautiful setting and so peaceful. Wonderful rose gardens and other flowers and beautiful views of the mountains. They feed us well and provide humble accommodations for us. No TV in the rooms and simple furnishings, but all we need - we are there to sew and enjoy our time together, not spend time in our rooms. We have a nice big gathering room open to us 24 hours. It is so fun to sew in our jammies and slippers if we want! I am so excited! So far I have pulled out a few UFO's to take to work on:  a red/white/blue star patriotic table topper, a Valentine wall hanging or table topper and a pumpkin/fall table topper. I am gathering fabric for some cute little coin purse's to make. I think I have plenty to keep me busy! It will feel so good to get some of those UFO's done at the beginning of the New Year!

Here are a few pics of what I will be working on.  I am trying to figure out why the pictures are sideways or upside down. They weren't that way when I took the pictures.
I chose Civil War fabric - Patriotic red/white/blue table topper.


Using red scraps for this Valentine wall hanging or table topper.

Homespun fabric for the pumpkins.


No comments:

Post a Comment